Welcome to London’s First City Farm! We are an open-access project, which means you, your friends and family are welcome to come by and have a look at our real working farm. However we ask that groups of more than 6 book in advance by calling 02079165421.
Here are the answers to some common questions:
1. Are you open today? We are open every day except Christmas Day. Staff must be here to care for animals, so we are staffed 364 days per year – even on bank holidays.
2. How do I get there? Go to our home page and scroll down for a map and travel planner.
3. Do you have parking? No, we are in the middle of an estate, so there is no parking on premises. The nearest parking is on Grafton Road, about a 5 minute walk away. Parking is free after 11am, but can be hard to find on market days (Thursday and Saturday). Please consider coming by the overground – the Gospel Oak station is only a 5 minute walk from the Farm.
4. What animals do you have? We have sheep, goats, horses, geese, ducks, chickens, a pig and a cow.
5. Can I feed the animals? No, all of our animals are on a regulated diet.
6. Can I touch the animals? We have goat petting sessions on weekend afternoons. Ask a member of staff when you arrive for details. Otherwise, for your own safety please do not touch the animals unless you are accompanied by a member of staff.
7. Can I bring a picnic? For health & safety reasons, there is no eating or food allowed on the yard. However, on weekends we often have space in our classroom for people to eat a packed lunch.
More questions? Give us a call at 02079165421