KENTISH TOWN CITY FARM IS SEEKING A TRUSTEE WITH HR EXPERTISE: Applications invited. Applications close 24th March 2022.
We kickstarted the city farm movement as the UK’s first in 1972 and in this year we celebrate our 50th birthday. We are building our board to support our director through a challenging period of change. Join us at a special time in our history.
What will you be doing?
- Ensure Kentish Town City Farm’s HR functions are conducted within legal requirements and best practice
- Provide guidance and support to ensure the highest standards of governance in policies and practice related to employee relations, recruitment, retention, performance and reward, including the review of policies and risks
- Review and recommend current and future strategic resourcing, training and development and annual budgets and plans to the trustee board
- Keep the board informed about its HR duties and responsibilities
- Ensure the trustees monitor and review the performance of the Farm Director and identify appropriate development opportunities
- Ensure that HR activities and interventions are linked to KTCF’s charitable objectives and complement the charity’s culture
- Sit on recruitment panels as required including taking a leading role in trustee recruitment
- Help develop robust Equality Diversity and Inclusion practice.
What are we looking for?
- experience working in a senior HR role
- Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development qualification or equivalent
- good current knowledge of employment law, policy and practice and ability to keep up to date with developments in HR
- the highest standards of personal integrity and professionalism
- the ability to build and develop strong, supporting working relationships with trustees and the Director
- Legal expertise is also desirable to ensure that Kentish Town City Farm remains legally compliant and to foster a better understanding within the Board of the legal aspects of the organisation.
- Experience as a trustee helps
What difference will you make?
So much has been achieved by the current board in a very short space of time. Post pandemic we face multiple challenges requiring everyone who is part of organisation to be nimble and versatile. We value our hardworking staff so this is a role that is vital to our future success on so many levels.
Before you apply
We would want to see a CV, perhaps a Linkedin profile. We will initially give a month to collect in candidates but respond promptly to those who state an interest in the role. The Chair will shortlist suitable candidates and share with the board and Director for review. Zooms, face to face meetings and/or zoom calls will ensue and some may be invited to the farm. Closing date 24th March. Send details or questions to Angela Woods email@example.com