Our Young Farmers (ages 8-16yrs) programme has been an integral part of the farm, ever since we were founded over fifty years ago. Hundreds of young people have volunteered on the farm, with many going on to become vets, veterinary nurses, farmers, and more!
- Young Farmers is open to anyone aged 8 years – 16 years
- They are free to attend
- Sessions run on Saturday and Sunday mornings, 9:30 – 11:30
- We take bookings for a term (we follow the school terms)
- The spring term 2024 sessions are fully booked.
- Bookings for the summer term will open in March 2024
Young farmers learn many skills, including all aspects of animal care – from mucking out and feeding, to proper handling skills and health checks. Everyone is expected to get involved, and we’re outside in all kinds of weather, so be prepared to work hard, get mucky, and have an amazing time!
The Spring 2024 term Young Farmers sessions are now fully booked.
Bookings for Summer 2024 term will open in March 2024.
Regular, long-term attendees will also have the opportunity to take part in the annual London Harvest Festival, showing off their skills and our animals!
Please note that if you want to volunteer for Duke of Edinburgh volunteering hours you need to click here. Attending Young Farmers does not count towards DofE volunteering hours.