Years 1 & 2 (KS1) Tours
Tailor Your Tour
Your visit can be tailored to relate to topics the children are studying. Key Stage 1 teachers should request in advance of the visit any particular areas they would like to cover. There are opportunities throughout the visit for children to contribute and to ask questions. KS1 study topics include:
- Observe, identify and group the various animals at the farm using the proper scientific vocabulary: domestic and wild, carnivores, herbivores and omnivores, adults and young.
- Discuss the care of farm animals: shelter, diets, exercise.
- Identify, name and group plants, using the proper scientific vocabulary – e.g. deciduous and evergreen, annual and perennial.
- Describe their flowers and fruits.
- Discuss how they reproduce through seeds and bulbs.
- Explore what they need to grow.
Living things and their habitats
- Introduce the concept of the environment.
- Describe different types of habitats and micro-habitats.
- Present the interdependence of plants and animals.
- Discuss the impact of humans on the natural environment.
Autumn: animals grow winter coats, fruit and nuts are harvested, trees shed their leaves – or don’t!
Winter/Spring: lambs & kids are born, planting seeds, early-flowering bulbs, frog spawn.
Summer: chicks and ducklings, tadpoles, bees collecting pollen, flowers, fruit and vegetables – growing and developing.
We offer 1.5-hour sessions for groups of up to 30 people throughout May, June and July on Tuesdays and Thursdays in morning (between 10AM and 12) or afternoon (between 1 and 3pm). Once you’ve booked your slot online we’ll be in touch to confirm the start times (1.5 hours in the session window) and talk through any specific areas of interest so the visit can be tailored to you and your class.
COST: School & Group visits will be priced at £100 per session with the option of booking a room for lunch for an additional £30. Booking is now only online, please use the booking button below.
CANCELLATIONS: A fee of £50 is charged if bookings are cancelled with less than 7 days notice. Cancellation must be made by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Tuesdays & Thursdays in May, June & July
Health & Safety
The Health & Safety Executive provide information regarding farm visits for schools. Before bringing your group please go to Visit My Farm and download the updated 2015 Industry Code of Practice – Essential Advice to Teachers and Others. Please ensure your group organiser reads the advice to reduce potential risks when visiting farms. Visiting groups are expected to wash their hands upon entering and leaving the Farm. There are three warm water handwashing stations across the site.
We also offer:
Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS)
Key Stage 2 (KS2)
“Wonderful visit – fun for all the children and adults, lots of fun, we all learnt a lot today. Thank you very much”.
“Chris kept the children and adults on their toes with captivating facts, information and hands-on experiences. We absolutely loved our session. We will recommend this to all other staff at our school and Reception will be back again. Thank you so much!”
St Saviours CE
Our Education Programme is supported by the City of London Corporation’s charity
City Bridge Trust**