What does the role involve?
- ensuring Kentish Town City Farm’s animal welfare obligations are conducted within legal requirements and best practice.
- providing guidance and support to the Board and staff to ensure the highest standards of governance in policies and practice relating to animal welfare and care including the review of policies and risks.
- ensuring that animal welfare activities and interventions are linked to KTCF’s charitable objectives and complement the charity’s culture.
- helping the farm Director implement the Farm’s Animal Welfare Policy
We are looking for someone with:
- possible experience working as a vet or with animal welfare qualifications such as a PhD or Masters.
- possible previous experience as a trustee.
- good current knowledge of animal welfare law, policy and practice and ability to keep up to date with developments in animal welfare.
- the highest standards of personal integrity and professionalism.
- the ability to build and develop strong, supporting working relationships with trustees and the CEO.
- Commitment to the charity’s objectives, aims and values and willingness to devote time to carry out responsibilities.
- Good independent judgement, political understanding, impartiality, and the ability to think objectively in the context of the organisation and external environment.
- Understanding and acceptance of the legal duties, responsibilities, and liabilities of trusteeship.
Kentish Town City Farm is committed to being more representative of the communities we serve at board level. We would therefore particularly welcome applications from candidates from a diverse range of backgrounds and experiences.
New trustees will join a friendly, committed team and be part of a small charity making a real difference to the lives of those in the local community. Board meetings are 4 times a year with an annual AGM. Trustees contribute to working groups where relevant. Trustees are encouraged to visit the farm regularly.
We are open for applications and these close 1st December. If you have questions about the role or would like an application form, please contact our Co-Chair Angela Woods email@example.com